Monday, 28 July 2014
The organizing committee, after analyzing the 20 submitted applications, made the following decision:
- 2nd price, 1500 RON goes to Nagy Maria Andrea
- Honorary mention, 500 RON Vida Krisztina
- The 1st and 3rd price was not awarded. The application was extended until 25 September and we are waiting for new applications.
The Jewish Community addresses thanks all the competitors for the submitted applications. Those who intend to respond the second call of the application are asked to observe the same rules of the tender as the first time. There are described on our website
Please note that this application addresses not only to the professional artists, but also to amateur.
Dr. Dub Vasile ,
President of the jury
16 July 2014
Friday, 11 April 2014
The Jewish School was inaugurated on 30 October 1923 and in October 1940 the lenraged primary school became a 6th grade „Jewish Civilian School” directed by József Stern (survivor of the deportation, as József Simon he founds of the Radnóti Gymnasium in Zugló, Budapest).
In April 1944 the school was closed, the majority of the pupils never returned from the Auschwitz concentration camps. (The list of the deported pupils figures on a plaque in an old classroom - see photo and list below).
Fig. 1 - Jewish School
Fig. 2 - Commemorative Plaque
- Location: Tîrgu-Mureş, Horea Street and Balladei Street corner, next to the entrance of the school (Fig. 1).
- Theme of application: visualizing this tragic event, attract the attention of passingers, put an accent on the number of victims, and emphasize that all of them where children under 13.
- Dimensions: maximum 3 m large, 1.5m high
- Materials: bronze, forged iron, marble, wood
- If possible include de commemorative plaque in it (Fig. 2)
- Estimated price: maximum 5000 EUR
- I prize 2500 RON
- II prize 1500 RON
- III prize 1000 RON
- Announcement of results:10 July 2014
- Documents to hand in:
- Description of the monument - max. one A4-es page, doc., or pdf. file, in English, Romanian or Hungarian;
- The plan of the monument - minimum A4 format;
- Placement plan - minimum A4 format;
- Implementation details and cost; needs to include the cost of materials;
- Copyright declaration of the author (doc. file) available here;
- Personal data of the author: name, surname, address, phone number (mobil), email address.
- Deadline: 1 July 2014 extended until 25 September (postmark deadline)
- by post: postal Address of the Jewish Community Tg.Mureş, str. Aurel Filimon nr. 23; write the word: monument on the envelope
- via e-mail: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org címre
all the documents mentioned above in electronic format;